KNX feedback status update
please I need help about the KNX feedback status update: I tried various configurations with eibd and Domotiga but I have seen that in Domotiga is impossible having the correct feedback status update in a KNX device: if a command is launched out of Domotiga (for example with a KNX device) is pratically impossible that the relative value changes the status.
I have seen in an commercial professional supervisor, based on linux that use eibd, a command very similar to the eibd "groupsocketlisten" launched as a process that listen continuously the trasmissions on bus. If a feedback group address changes the system updates the relative status value in the database.
Unfortunately I am not able to do it: is someone able to implement this feature in Domotiga? Would be very nice to have it.
Thanky very much
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by msp1974 11 days ago
Yes the on/off is value1 and the dim % in value 2. The control panel in Domotiga uses the button and slider in the same way as before but updates the values on the device differently. I have not tested this with Domotyii as to whether it works ok. If you could help with that. It maybe the dimming control function will not work and needs amending to support this new functionality.
When a status update is received by Domotiga from KNX, if it is set as a multi value dimming device, it will put the on/off status in value1 and dim status in value 2.
It does not need any change to the KNX module or device config other than selecting 'Use different values for on/off and dim' in the specific device options.
Not sure I understand what you mean by the 1 bit on/off feedback status unless I have answered this in the above.
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by linuxmate 11 days ago
on saturday I will do deep testing.
About the 1 bit on/off status item, thanks to your double-value implementation, is now necessary have also an additional 1 bit KNX group address to report from KNX bus to Domotiga the on/off real feeback device status, or you could read "On" if you set dimmer near to 0% or if the KNX device has multiple switch addresses and if is switched off from a command sent to other group address (tipically general-off switch command).
For example, you can look at this KNX ETS group addresses of a dimming device configuration:
- 0/0/35 switch on-off command (1 bit) (write) ## Note: The device maybe linked in ETS programming to other GA for supplementary switching control functions (example: + 0/7/0)
- 0/1/35 status on-off (1 bit) (read)
- 0/2/35 relative dimming command (4 bit) (write/read) ## Not useful in supervisioning, if you have absolute % dimming control and feedback.
- 0/3/35 absolute value direct control % (1 byte) (write)
- 0/4/35 status feedback value % (1 byte) (read)
In Domotiga "KNX basic dimmer", I have before this configuration, according to previous instructions:
Now you could have in Domotiga the seguent configuration:
Let me know if you need additional explanations about the item.
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by linuxmate 9 days ago
are you sure that your new CKNX.class file is loaded on the seguent address, like before?
I did not notice any difference respect previous versione after wget and compiling:
- no additional device option "Use different values for on/off and dim"
- no value2
- DPT17 like before
I confirm the necessity to add the 1bit status with double values: the best will be use value n.1 for 1bit GA command and status (for example, llonkig to my previous post... 0/0/35 and 0/1/35) and value n.2 for dimming functions (for example [0/2/35]|0/3/35|0/4/35).
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by msp1974 3 days ago
Sorry for the delay in replying.
There are a number of file changes needed to support multi value dimming, ironically, the CKNX file is not one of them (as you are seeing). You need to clone my beta branch ie
git clone --single-branch --branch beta https://github.com/msp1974/DomotiGa
Still struggling to understand the 1 bit status. If Domotiga sends the command today and also updates the value with either a dim value or the on/off status (think this was part of your issue that the on/off status message comes after the dim value and therefore overwrites it), then this will work as is with the on/off status message being updated into value 1 and the dim status message being updated in value 2, with only the selection of use seperate values for on/off and dim selected on the device. I think this is where my understanding of KNX limits me.
If you can test it from my beta branch and let me know what does and doesn't work then we can go from there.
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by msp1974 3 days ago
Sorry should also have said on the 1 bit status point.
When domotiga receives a KNX message it extracts the group address and looks for a device with that group address against it. Ie for group address '0/0/35' it looks for this 'string' in a device address. The device address is technically '0/0/35|0/2/35|0/3/35|0/4/35', therefore is matches that the message address is in the device address. It determines whether this is an on/off status message or dim value message based on the length of the message and the 10th value in the message being either 80 or 81. 81 for off, 80 for on with the 11th value being the dim value.
If the on/off status feedback address is 0/1/35 then if this is within the device address it will update into value 1 of the device.
However, when controlling devices, Domotiga splits this device address into the individual values and sends on/off commands to the first one and dim commands to the 3rd one. If the correct GA are not in these slots it will not work. Not sure what happens if you put this 1 bit status address at the end of the list. In theory this should work.
RE: KNX feedback status update - Added by linuxmate about 12 hours ago
I have installed your beta version, and these are the results of my tests:
- You can see the new "use different values..." option but only into DomotiGa desktop client interface, and NOT into domotyii web-interface (very important having it also here).
- Now you can see into value 2 the on/off value and into value 1 dim% (inverted as expected!): it is important having instead on/off value reported to the first value, because is prioritary to dim, right this last one in value 2.
- If I give "On" command, the slider go to 100%, like before, but is not correct because the slider should be now indipendent from on/off commands: if not is absolutely useless having two separate values!
- If I give "Off" command, the slider try to go 0% , not correct because the slider should be indipendent from on/off commands, but the slider take an idle unreal state (for example: dim6, dim3, dim2 ecc...)
- I tried to add at the end of groups addresses the additional 1-bit on/off KNX GA status... and seems to be ok! The state is read and reported to correct value
- DPT17 and DPT 5.001 are not still working, like before
Now I have a very important question...
You didn't tell me that with this beta was necessary a database update from x025 to x026 version... I forgot to backup my previuous database (my latest backup was 2 weeks ago), and now I have the x026 version on my main domotiga house system!
I hope I will not have problems in the future with my database to return to main official domotiga version!!
How can I do, If I want go back to the original x025 database? (to avoid me data-loss and back-compatility problems to main distro).