Project

General

Please help! import knx object with KNX commander

Added by lkint over 3 years ago

Hi,

My name is laurent, I have built my own house with friends and family. I am currently automating a few things with Webknx2, but would like to move to Domotiga. Only one problem, I have many objects and I would like to import them with KNX Commander.

I use the raspberry pi image which worked super fast, added a few objects to try, which works well, but I can't seem to find that commander to do the import.
Is it possible this feature is not available on the Raspberry PI image?

Also, is it possibe to have different lines on the graphs. (e.g. I use a big boiler with 2 temp sensors; to which I will add a few). Purpose is to have an idea of how much warm water is left in the tank (which is progressively replaced by cold water from the network when the warm water gets used uo.

Thanks,

Laurent

Replies (22)

RE: import knx object with KNX commander - Added by lkint over 3 years ago

Hi there, it is the answer too obvious?

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by rdnzl over 3 years ago

Some functionality is currently only available in the DomotiGa3 GUI (not in DomotiYii web client)
You can find the KNX Commander under the Tools menu of the DomotiGa3 GUI, and you can define multi-line graphs in the Graphs Editor found under the Edit menu.

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by lkint about 3 years ago

Hi,

I tried the KNX commander.

First I exported the EFS file from ETS.

Imported it into the KNX Commaner; but the drop down list on the device type does not seem to work.
When I enter something in the box manually, and press create it tells me " please select a devicetype for this device".

Is it possible the drop down box is not functionnal?

Thanks for your feedback.

Laurent

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by lkint about 3 years ago

Hi, is nobody using this?

I have 66 objects to configure and would really like to use the commander.

Could someone check if it works wth him on a Raspberry PI with the prepared image?

Looking forward to read from you.

Laurent

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by rdnzl about 3 years ago

Hi Laurent, I'm using KNX, but not the import function.
Can you e-mail me your import file?(for my e-mail address see readme file)\
And I will investigate.

Hi, did you receive the file properly?

Thanks,

Laurent

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by rdnzl about 3 years ago

Yes, I fixed it in the beta branch, you can also just download the only file that changed (tools/FToolsKNXCmdr.class) and recompile DomotiGa if you are on a different branch.
Let me know if you get your KNX devices to work, maybe some additional coding is needed for some specific DPT types.

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by MrGio about 3 years ago

Hi,
I'm not in topic but I need help to condigure KNX shutter, I have opened a specific post, could you kindly take a look to that?

Thanks for your work and help.

Regards,
Gio

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by Gaston about 3 years ago

Got the same issue and tried to compile the file from the beta branch (only downloaded the new class file), but I get the following error:

FToolsKNXCmdr.class:104:6: error: Unknown operator

Thanks,
Gaston

I guess you downloaded the non-raw version, so it has html tags included.
Do this
cd DomotiGa3/.src/Tools
rm FToolsKNXCmdr.class
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DomotiGa/DomotiGa/beta/DomotiGa3/.src/Tools/FToolsKNXCmdr.class
cd ../..
tools/compile.sh

About the shutter control, in DomotiGa we miss a gui for non-standard commands, we need to have valuetypes, so the gui knows the corresponding commands.
I need to find some time to merge it with beta branch and create a first working version (branch is called 'valuetypes')
Until then I think you can send a 'stop' command and others now, but only from a event action (with code), or by hacking the gui, I will have a look.

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by Gaston about 3 years ago

Wow, that was quick help ! Indeed I did not get the raw version. As I had no clue about Gambas I did not know what to expect in the source file, obviously.

Compilation worked now, as well as the import of the ETS esf file.

Thanks for the fix !

RE: Please help! import knx object with KNX commander - Added by MrGio about 3 years ago

Thanks for your answer.
Please let me know if I can support you in any way to include shutter or other KNX device.

Strange, today the device type list is empty again. Also I noticed that some entries are missing from the esf file, especially some newly added. And yes they are connected in the ETS and thus present in the ESF file. The KNX Commander reports 954 devices found, while the ESF file has about 964 lines. It would be great if one could sort the import list by column (Name or (binary) Address).

Hi what login do you use to log into the PI?
I use the "pi" login and don't seem to see the right folders.
Am I taking it the wrong way?
I did manane to take care of remote access to work from home so I hope to be able to book progress.

Thank you for your support & kind regards,

Laurent

@Gaston, 954 devices!? Wow... I have added sorting to the import gridview list.

cd DomotiGa3/.src/Tools
rm FToolsKNXCmdr.*
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DomotiGa/DomotiGa/beta/DomotiGa3/.src/Tools/FToolsKNXCmdr.class
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DomotiGa/DomotiGa/beta/DomotiGa3/.src/Tools/FToolsKNXCmdr.form
cd ../..
tools/compile.sh

About the empty list, could be that the file is somehow corrupted, which ETS version are u using?
Or maybe you overwrote the modified code?
If you want me to look into this further you can privately e-mail me the esf file. (see README for e-mail address)
KNX support for DomotiGa needs more work, but I'm happy to code it since I'm expanding my KNX devices inventory too.
But because of my current budget restrains I can only do it one or two at a time ;-[

@Laurent

It all depends where you have installed Domotiga. I have installed and run it it under the pi user so my folders are there.

rdnzl

Thanks for the update, will try it right away. Regarding the empty list, is the device type list depending on the ESF content as you ask for corruptions ? I did not notice any obvious corruption in the ESF file. A corruption would be unexpected as I use that file type for other imports since years without problems. The ETS version is 4.2.0.

Regarding the 954 devices, these are of course not 954 KNX devices since the KNX Commander (as Domotiga) considers each communication object a device, so for KNX each group address.

Now finally for the KNX support in Domotiga, I agree that it needs some more work but I am happy it is there at all ! And even more thankful that your support is really quick. Initially I was looking at Domotiga because I was looking for a solution to steer my Somfy RTS awnings from KNX. I intended to do so through the web API before I found out that KNX is available in Domotiga.

Ok, quick update, forget about the empty device type list, must have been a repeat error at my side as IO tried it just before doing the update to be sure and it works. I guess I used the wrong button ">>" instead of ">".

Ok, now it becomes emberrassing: The error was situated in front of the keyboard. flushed

I did completely forget that the file import was done on the domotiga box not from my local PC. So I simply opened the file dialog, selected the file and imported it without uploading the new file from my PC. IO only realized the error after I created a second file containing only the missing records to find out the new file was not visible in the dialog.

The new sorting seems to work, however after the initial import the arrow on the name column indicates soring but the actual data is not yet sorted. Also with my 961 entries the sorting takes very long (1 Minute 11 Seconds) on my Raspebrry Pi2.

Ok, me too a bit embarassing.

Issue probably in front of the keyboard. But we'll get there.

I entered the commands to get the new file and it seems to go well.
only when i reach the cd ../.. it seems I am still one directory off.

So I go to /domotiga

And then the last command gives me following result.

pi@raspberrypi ~/domotiga $ tools/compile.sh
OK
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 1860564 Mar 13 20:32 DomotiGaServer3.gambas
FToolsKNXCmdr.class:43: error: Unknown identifier: tbvDevicesFound
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 4222290 Mar 13 20:32 DomotiGa3.gambas
pi@raspberrypi ~/domotiga $

Please bear with me. I am a quick study but a slow learner. ;o)

Yes, you are right the cd ../.. misses one upward move, should be cd ../../..

Ok, so now I retried with an other raspberry pi and the import feature seem to work. I might have update the box ( with a sudo apt-....) before applying your fix.

Unfortunately my new working box is not at the right place....

have a great day,

Laurent

(1-22/22)