Project

General

Empty log?

Added by edevag over 2 years ago

I've just installed Domotiga on a Raspberry pi 3 and connected it to a Visonic alarm. Everything works perfectly, but I can't figure out how to enable logging of device values. I only see the current values, no historic data.

I read that you could enable this in the Options-tab, but I can't find anything there.

Grateful for any help!

Thanks,
Stefan!!

Replies (4)

RE: Empty log? - Added by Alexie over 2 years ago

It is in the 'Options' tab, but in a different location. You're looking in the Device tab (thanks for the screenshot!), but you need go to the Values tab to find this option (see my screenshot too).

BTW: The Visonic can't arm/disarm yet, that is still on my todo list. All other things should be working, otherwise let me know and we add/fix it.

RE: Empty log? - Added by edevag over 2 years ago

Great; thanks!

When I changed the value I accidentally started both DomotiGa3 and DomotiGaServer3 and now I just get:

2017/01/06 11:04:53 [Visonic] ERROR: Visonic Security serial interface FAILED to connect to port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017/01/06 11:04:53 [Visonic] ERROR: Cannot open serial port (#5). Retry in 10 seconds.
2017/01/06 11:05:03 [Visonic] ERROR: Visonic Security serial interface FAILED to connect to port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017/01/06 11:05:03 [Visonic] ERROR: Cannot open serial port (#5). Retry in 20 seconds.

I've tried restarting Domotiga as well as Raspbian. What might be wrong?

Thanks

RE: Empty log? - Added by Alexie over 2 years ago

Cool ;-)

This looks like the /dev/ttyUSB0 port isn't available. Can you check on your system if the device is there. Also if you have BOTH DomotiGa3/DomotiGaServer3 running, that shouldn't be the case - only 1 can use the port.

You can try to run it once under the "root" account and see if it works or not (if it does, then it is a permission issue).

RE: Empty log? - Added by edevag over 2 years ago

Yes; the domo user wasn't a member in the dialout group. Thank you for first class support!

(1-4/4)