Project

General

Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga

Added by egbertje about 6 years ago

Has anyone ever made a connection between an Visonic powermax (plus or pro) alarmsystem by the rs232 or powerlink connection and Domotiga?
So not wireless with an RFXcom but wired?
Is it possible just like in the Domoticaforum between an Visonic and homeseer, or with an Visonic and an Vera home automation controller?

So is it possible to integrate it in Domotiga?

Replies (29)

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by rdnzl about 6 years ago

It's on my todo list, even though I don't have a PowerMax device.
Some people asked for it though...

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by egbertje about 6 years ago

Ron, thans for answer.

I think you know , the protocol is descriped on the domoticaforum :
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=6581

If help is needed i hear from you to test, because i have the equipment.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by egbertje about 6 years ago

Btw is it not simple to use or modify the DSC security interface , or is it total different ?

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by rdnzl about 6 years ago

I will see what I can do to get it started, but it's hard to code/test when there is much interaction between devices.

Ok,

I think for beginning the most important is to integrate the door switches (MCT-302) and evt. the pirs (for example (K940).
So we can make a trigger from them to do something.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie about 6 years ago

I was already looking into this, but the price was stopping me (to buy such Visonic unit) for now. Reading the protocol description, it isn't impossible to implement, but without testing - it will be too difficult i think. The first manner of integration is the serial port of the Visonic, else a third party device (bypassing the Visonic) e.g. from RFXCom.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie almost 6 years ago

Sorry - not much progress here, but i have received the serial connector for the Visionic unit. Now only the unit itself and i am ready to start some coding :-)

egbertje:
Which Visionic type do you have? and do you have the serial connector (hard to come by these days) already?

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by egbertje almost 6 years ago

Hello Alexie,

I have the Powermax Pro wit a lot of different detectors.
I made an interface cable myself and use from Jeelabs the USBbub to program and readout the powermax.
This works with the Visonic Powermaster software.
The connection between the powermax and Domotiga/Pi is with an Rfxcom tranceiver with 868 add-on module at the moment.

Egbert

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by wwolkers almost 6 years ago

[[http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/Visonic_PowerMax]]

I've got the basics of a Visonic module running, it's decoding lots of info already, I need to upate it to actually request some info and create devices.

I'll create a patch of what I have now and submit it to Ron. It's only debugging code, no devices yet, but it's a start.
I have a serial connection via USBbub to a PowerMaster 30, but most of the commands over the serial line are the same or should be

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie almost 6 years ago

wwolkers:

That is good news, then i don't have to start from scratch :-) I also asuming the PowerMaster and PowerMax are 99% the same on protocol level (maybe just lesser features). Also interested where you got the Master from :-)

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by egbertje almost 6 years ago

I see there is progress.
If there is something to test i hear from you.

Egbert

@Egbertje ... you tried to connect your Visonic already?

It can't do much yet, but it should start communicating and decoding the data already.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by soccer_fan1 over 5 years ago

Hello,
I was wondering what the status of this module is. Using the latest version I have been able to see debug info when connected to 5 he PowerMax. Is there a way to get the Ones listed in the device list and have the ability to arm and disarm the alarm through Domotiga?
Thank you.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie over 5 years ago

soccer_fan1:

Yes, i will be added that functionality to DomotiGa soon. So the arm, disarm and movement (only wil work for the Max, not the Master).

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Fred_B over 3 years ago

Hello,

No problem to integrate my powermax pro in DomotiGa. The differents sensors are well known.
But I don't know how to arm/disarm.
Is there a thing to do I miss ?

Thanks,
Fred

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by kingofnuls over 2 years ago

Hello,

I have read in Visonic Wiki that it is possible to arm/disarm the visonic alarm. But no information on how to do that.

I have seen that we can check "switchable" and so it appears in the control menu. Is it how it is supposed to work ? Is it possible on a powermaster 30 ?

I have just upgraded to 1.0.024 on my RPI B with Raspbian.

Thanks a lot.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie over 2 years ago

I still need to enable (and test) that option with arm/disarm, but i didn't had time for it yet (will try to make some time soon - and create some sound in the house ;-)). In the plugin the code is already there.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by edevag over 2 years ago

I'm using Domotiga and Visonic PowerMaster-10 G2 and it works great. To arm/disarm I'm using proximity tags I and wonder if it's possible to log which tag/user who armed/disarmed the system?

Thanks!

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by Alexie over 2 years ago

At this moment we can't detect it, because it is a 'new' scenario and we need to do reverse enginering for it ... I am curious about it, so maybe we can are able to find it in the (debug) logging?

Can you enable debug logging and then arm/disarm a few times with different tags? And tell me which exact date/time you did the arm/disarm and the tag number? Maybe we can find it, then we can add it.

RE: Integration of Visonic / Powermax (pro) in Domotiga - Added by edevag over 2 years ago

Sure; thanks! Is it possible to enable debug logging in the server-domotiga.conf?

No, you need to use the GUI (DomotiGa3.gambas) or the WebGUI Yii.

Will it do if I change the debug column to 1 in the settings_visonic table and restart the server?

:) If you are familair with SQL, yes changing "debug" to "-1" and restarting will do it (otherwise a json-rpc call).

Thanks, i will have a look at today/tomorrow (sorry, i was busy with work and didn't have much time to look at Home Automation) ...

(1-25/29)