Project

General

Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems

Added by Templar over 5 years ago

A request for supporting a connecting between a Caddx/Networx NX series security systems via the NX-584 RS-232 Gateway interface expansion module and Domotiga?
The Networx NX-584 RS-232 Gateway Interface Protocol is included in this post.

"The NX series of alarm panels from (in various parts of the world) GE, Interlogix, Caddx, Networx, Hills or DAS Systems has a serial interface which lets you monitor partitions and zones, arm and disarm the system, and program the panel.

Some alarm panels (e.g., the NX-8E) have this serial interface built in. Other panels have no onboard serial interface and require the connection of the NX-584 expander, which contains only the serial interface. The protocol for the NX-8E and the NX-584 is the same."

Info: http://caddx.nl/

Caddx_NX-584_Communication_Protocol.pdf (134 KB) Caddx_NX-584_Communication_Protocol.pdf Networx NX-584 RS-232 Gateway Interface Protocol

Replies (8)

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by jessekerkhoven over 5 years ago

Hi,

This is possible but a real device for testing would be easier. And there is not very much information to find. There are a lot of things on my wishlist to build so i put it on hold for now.

Gr{eeting,oetje}s

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by Guvner over 4 years ago

Hi,

Here another one very interested in having the NX-584 communication added to Domotiga.

I'd love to help implement it, and if all goes well I also have the NX-584 available for testing within a couple of weeks.

I still have to sell my current apartment before I can buy a new house in where I'd like to use the Networx alarm system.

But I love to be prepared.

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by danfos over 4 years ago

Success selling your apartment, here in NL the housing market, especially for apartments is not that great yet.

On adding support from new hardware: Things are very hard if you do not have the hardware and time is limited.
If you have some programming experience, is should not be too hard to add a plugin yourself, see Plugin_Coding.

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by Guvner over 4 years ago

What I'm trying to say is that I would like to make my Networx NX8 alarm system with NX584 add-on card available for you guys if you need it for testing.

I'm also located in the beautiful low lands, in Rotterdam to be exact.

So let me know what we need to do.

I'll also take a look at the plugin documentation.

Is anyone reading this topic?

I'm still willing to make my Networx NX8 alarm system with NX584 add-on card available for developing.

I'll be going to need my alarm system in 4 or 5 months, so if we want to do some developing we need to do it soon.

Please let me know.

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by rdnzl over 4 years ago

I'm reading it, but have very limited time, working/living in the Rotterdam area too.
Would it help if I create the framework for the plugin for you?
So settings tables, form, plugin CNX.class with the basic serial stuff..

Is there a way to get in contact directly, so not in this topic? This way we can talk about the possibilities.

RE: Request support for Caddx/Networx NX series security systems - Added by rdnzl over 4 years ago

You can mail me via the address in the domotiga/README.md file, or contact use form.

(1-8/8)