Z-Wave GreenWave PowerNode 1 and 6¶
- Table of contents
- Z-Wave GreenWave PowerNode 1 and 6
The powernode 1 is a power plug, supporting on/off and power measurements. The powernode 6 is a power bar with 6 sockets, supporting individual on/off and individual power measurements on all sockets.
- Plug the PowerNode into a wall outlet
- Locate the network button on the PowerNode. It is a small round button on the side of the device, marked with the sync symbol
- Press and hold the network button for one second until the PowerNode activity indicator begins to display a clockwise-rotating pattern, which shows that the PowerNode is attempting inclusion
- After a few seconds, the rotating pattern should stop, and a rapidly flashing pattern should appear to indicate successful inclusion. The PowerNode is now part of your Z-Wave home network, and you can connect an appliance and electronic device
If the rotating pattern has stopped, but the rapidly flashing pattern did not appear, then the PowerNode inclusion process has failed, and you must start over
- Unplug the PowerNode from the wall socket
- Locate the network button on the PowerNode. It is a small round button on the side of the device, marked with the sync symbol.
- Press and hold the network button while plugging the PowerNode into a wall socket. Keep the button pressed for five seconds until the activity indicator begins to flash rapidly, indicating that the exclusion process has completed. Your PowerNode is now free of its former association, and you can perform an inclusion process to include it in your GreenWave Reality home network (refer to the “Network Inclusion Process” section above)
If the network indicator and power button symbol flash together slowly for five seconds, then the exclusion process failed, and you must start over
Reset¶The factory reset process allows you to reset your PowerNode to the factory defaults. This action is helpful if you are not able to perform a successful exclusion from the Gateway or if you simply want to revert back to the original factory settings. To complete the process you must perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the power button while plugging the PowerNode into an electrical outlet
- Keep the power button pressed for five seconds until all bars turn green for five seconds, indicating that the factory reset process has completed. Your PowerNode is now free of its former association, and you can perform an inclusion process to include it in your GreenWave Reality energy management system (refer to the “Network Inclusion Process” section above)
If all bars did not turn green for five seconds, then the PowerNode was not previously included
Tips & Tricks¶
Switch off blinking light.¶
The green lights starts flashing when the Z-Wave controller doesn't communicate (poll On/Off/Watt/kWh/etc) to it for the last 2 minutes.
It is possible to extend this value to 255 minutes (disabling doesn't seem to work), which is a good value to prevent the blinking in 99.9% of the cases.
- Open DomotiGa
- Wait until the Z-Wave controller is fully initialized
- Go to the Tools - Z-Wave Commander
- Click on your GreenWave Node
- Click on the "Config" tab
- Select the 'No communication light' field
- Enter "255" in the Value field
- Hit the "Save" button
The value is stored in permanent memory of the device.